Otsi siit blogist

9/18/2014

From Japan to Estonia as an intern

Tere!


My name is Kanoko. I am an intern from Japan and I’ve been doing my practical training in YFU Estonia since the end  of July. My internship is coming towards the end.

I mainly worked in YFU Tallinn office.Tallinn’s office is always open to everyone, which is really cool (also, there is always something to eat for the hungry volunteers).

The reason why I decided to be an intern at YFU Estonia was because I wanted to know how a YFU office in another country works, and I wanted to see how it works in Estonia. At the office, I had various tasks. One of the coolest opportunities I had  was participating in the arrival camp. It was really nice to see awesome volunteers and sweet exchange students from all over the world. In the camp, I could learn Estonian language and through workshops learn about Estonian school system, families and food together with exchange students. I will definitely share my experience and knowledge in my home country and make good use of them.

                                      


There is one more precious thing I experienced in Estonia. I had a marvelous family here, and had a splendid time with them. They took me to many places so that I could see various parts of Estonia. Moreover – I  got the chance to go to Finland. My host parents were great cooks and made me many different kinds of Estonian food. Because of them, I now know a lot about Estonian cuisine and find it delicious. My host siblings were absolutely stunning as well. I wouldn’t have had such I wonderful experience in Estonia without them.


The day after tomorrow morning I’m going to leave Estonia for Japan. I still can’t believe that I have to say good-bye to everyone I met here and to this wonderful country. Now I feel more like I’m the part of YFU family, and Estonia is already my second home country. I will definitly come back here again!


With a lot of thanks, Kanoko Yano