Otsi siit blogist

6/10/2015

"We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere." - Tim Graw

I had to say goodbye last year to my friends and family in Germany. Last year I thought that it was difficult for me to say goodbye. Of course it was hard to leave my home country but what I didn’t know was, how it would be to say goodbye to my host family, to you. 

I remember the time before my arrival here in Estonia. I used to think about all the things I’d do. I thought about how I would learn the language, what I would play with my host brothers and how I would manage to find friends in school. And look where I’m now. I’m able to speak Estonian and that’s just awesome. I have so many new friends, favorite places and of course: a new family. I got a new home. And that’s all because of you. I don’t even know how to thank you. Right from the beginning you opened your hearts and your home to me. You gave me the trust that I needed to feel comfortable. You changed some of your everyday habits just to make me fit into your home. You showed me so much of the country and the culture. We travelled together to Finland and Sweden. You helped me see as much as possible. I will never forget those moments.

I thank you for the trust that you gave me. That is one of the things that I like the most. You let me go out with my friends, even though you didn’t know exactly what I was going to do. 


Another big thing for me was that I got two little brothers. I was so excited! And you know what? I don’t call you “host brothers” anymore. You are my real brothers (even though you are annoying and childish sometimes). I really will miss you. But no, I didn’t only get two new siblings. I got three. My little sister was born at the time when I was here. Her name is Heliis Jasmina. That means she got my name. I don’t really know how to express my feelings. I just want to say thank you. I’m so happy about that and I love my new siblings with all my heart.

Soon I’ll have to say goodbye. Soon I’ll go back to my home country and leave my second home: Estonia. I know it will be hard but I also know that I will come back soon. Thank you for everything, I will never forget the time we had. Thank you for the most amazing 10 months of my life. I love you all.




Jasmina, Exchange Student in Estonia 2014/2015